BLOG VISITORS

ROOSEVELT ANEKE'S BLOG NIGERIA'S NO 1 ONLINE BLOG

Monday, July 31, 2017

Trump Sacks Media Chief Barely 10 Days At Job

White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci has been fired after fewer than 10 days in the post. The former Wall Street financier had drawn criticism after calling a reporter to give a profanity-laced tirade against his colleagues.

Mr Trump's chief of staff Reince Priebus and spokesman Sean Spicer both left their posts with his appointment.

The decision was made by Mr Trump's new chief of staff, Gen John Kelly, who was sworn in on Monday.


The president was also unhappy with Mr Scaramucci's performance, the White House confirmed.

Mr Trump's spokeswoman, Sarah Sanders, said the president thought Mr Scaramucci's comments to the reporter "were inappropriate for a person in that position".
He has not been moved to another White House role, she added.

Mr Trump had tweeted in the morning about job and wage figures, and insisted there is "No WH chaos", referring to reports about fighting among White House staff.


Photo: Policemen Allegedly Loot GEJ's Abuja House

An Abuja home of former President Goodluck Jonathan has been burgled. However, in what appears a curious twist, the house was not burgled by known thieves, but by police officers assigned to guard the house, Premium Times reports.

The Nigeria Police have thus arrested three of its officers for stealing items valued at several millions of naira from the Abuja residence of the former president.

The items were alleged to have been stolen by the officers from the residence located at No. 89, Fourth Avenue in the Gwarimpa district of Abuja.


They include sets of furniture, dozens of plasma television sets, refrigerators, air-conditioner units and box-loads of clothes such as designer suits imprinted with the former president’s name, male and female Ijaw traditional attires, lace materials and bowler hats.

Premium Times exclusively gathered that the three mobile police officers conducted a systematic looting over a period of three months beginning from around March 2016, until they totally stripped the house of all movable items, which they sold piecemeal to dealers at the Panteka second-hand materials market in Tipper Garage, Gwarimpa.

Mr. Jonathan’s spokesperson, Ikechukwu Eze, confirmed the theft to Premium Times. He also confirmed that the affected officers have been arrested.

According to a security source involved in the investigation, by the time family members of the former president were made aware of the looting early this month, the house had been stripped bare.

On getting wind of the arrest of the policemen, two dealers who had been the main recipients of the stolen items were said to have closed down their shops at Panteka market and have since remained at large.

Mr. Jonathan had lived in the house for about a year when he was vice president. His mother was said to have assumed residence there after Mr. Jonathan moved to the Aso Rock Villa upon becoming Acting President in 2010.

Awujale Is ALIVE, Not Dead- Cousin

The Awujale of Ijebu Ode and paramount ruler of Ijebu Land, Sikiru Adetona, is alive, contrary to rumour, the monarch’s cousin and Managing Director of News Agency of Nigeria, Bayo Onanuga, has told Premium Times.

The rumour of the Awujale’s passing started going viral on social media platforms, especially Facebook, this afternoon.

“It’s not true; he is alive and I spoke with him today,” said Mr. Onanuga. “He is in Lagos and he is just laughing over the rumour.”

Mr. Onanuga said the monarch was ill two weeks ago and travelled to Lagos for treatment at a hospital from which he was discharged two days afterwards.


Turkey Detains Over 1,000 In Latest Anti-Terror Raids

Turkish authorities have detained 1,098 people over the last week for suspected links to militant groups or last year's failed coup attempt, the interior ministry said on today.

In a statement, the ministry said 831 of those were detained for suspected ties to the U.S.-based Muslim cleric Fethullah Gulen, whom Ankara blames for orchestrating an attempted coup in July. Gulen denies any involvement.

It said another 213 of those were suspected of links to the outlawed Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK), which has carried out a three-decade insurgency against the government and is considered a terrorist organization by the United States, Turkey and Europe.

Forty-six people were detained over alleged links to Islamic State, while 8 more were held for suspected ties to "leftist terrorist groups", the ministry said.

Bank Of England Staff To Go On Strike For The First Time In 50 Years

The first strike by Bank of England workers in more than 50 years is to go ahead from Tuesday after last-ditch talks broke down.

Members of Unite working in departments including maintenance and security will walk out for three days in a dispute over pay.

The union, which is protesting at the imposition of a below-inflation pay offer, blamed the Bank of England governor, Mark Carney, for the failure of the talks, held at the conciliation service Acas.

A protest will be held outside the Bank’s headquarters in the City of London on Tuesday, when staff will wear Carney masks.


Unite accused the Bank of imposing a “derisory” below-inflation pay increase for the second year running. Up to a third of staff will get no pay rise this year, according to the union. Oh well.


We have enough evidence to nail Amaechi – Wike



RIVERS state governor, Nyesom Wike has again accused his predecessor , the Minister of Transportation, Mr Rotimi Amaechi of allegedly blackmailing the Supreme court justices because his appeal against the Judgement of the Appeal court on the Rivers state judicial commission of inquiry was before the apex court.


Wike spoke Monday at the 106 quarterly meeting of Rivers state council of Traditional rulers in Port Harcourt, said that the state government had enough evidence to nail Amaechi over corruption allegations against him. The governor alleged that the former governor of the state, Amaechi had openly admitted in public to releasing funds for construction of Justice Karibi whyte hospital, which he said was non existent, adding that he also admitted to sale of some valuable assets of the state.

The governor who dismissed allegations of forged documents against him said the records of these transactions, bank details were there for all to see. Governor Wike said: “All the documents that proved Amaechi’s … acts are authentic. We never forged documents.

The former governor himself admitted that he paid out $39million to Clinotech , without a single block laid anywhere. Is that a document he claims was forged.

Where is the Hospital ? “He has agreed in different interviews that he sold the state gas turbines for $309million. Convert $309million United States dollars to naira and you will understand the level of …. Amaechi left only $204,000 in the state account. “The bank statements of the pattern of withdrawals from that account are there for all to see. Can that be forged. The dates and amounts withdrawn are clearly written”. “There is no time that he loses a case without blackmailing the Judiciary.

He feels that the only way he can do it is to blackmail the Supreme Court. You cannot play politics with everything “. The governor also warned owners of hotel not to allow their property to be used for election manipulation, saying the government would not hesitate to withdraw the certificate of occupancy of such places. He said: “Any hotel that is used to rig elections, that hotel’s certificate of occupancy will be withdrawn. I will not allowed that anymore “.

(Pics) Boy, 16 dies dies after drinking liquid meth in 'attempt to prove to customs it was apple juice'

A teen drug mule died after drinking liquid meth in front of smiling border patrol officers 'to convince them it was apple juice’.

Schoolboy Cruz Velazquez, from Mexico, was filmed sipping the highly-toxic drug after being stopped at US customs.

It only took a few small mouthfuls of the deadly drink before the 16-year-old began screaming in pain.


In a matter of minutes his muscles began to violently contract and he collapsed on the floor.

The young man shrieked “my heart”, “my sister”, and “my cousin” all in Spanish.Cruz was first taken into custody but was later taken to hospital, handcuffed to a trolley, and he died within two hours of the “massive overdose”.

Neither of the officers who were involved in the horrifying incident, Adrian Parellon and Valerie Baird, have been reprimanded or prosecuted.

It is thought one of Mexico’s well-known drug cartels provided the youngster with two bottles, having threatened to kill his sister if he did not cross the border.


Daily Mirror

Jonathan’s Burgled Home: Police detains personnel on guard duty


Following reports that the Gwarinpa home of former President Goodluck Jonathan has been burgled, the FCT Police Monday said it has detained some of its personnel on guard duty.



Although the Police declined to give the figure of those detained, the police said the detention of the personnel would help to ascertain the true position of things.

The Command also said preliminary investigation revealed that some items were missing from the residence.

This is contained in a statement in Abuja Monday by the Command Spokesman, DSP Anjuguri Manzah.

The statement read: “The FCT police Command wishes to inform the general public that it has commenced full-fledge investigation into the case of theft in the Gwarinpa residence of former president, Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan,GCFR.

“Preliminary police investigation on the matter has revealed that some items were found to be missing in the house.

“Meanwhile, the Policemen who are supposed to be on guard duty at the house have been detained for questioning. Investigation to find out what actually happened is currently in progress”.

The Command also assured members of the public that the result of findings on the on-going investigation would be made public.


Woman shows the aftermath of losing 180 pounds the natural way

Forget those miracle transformations thanks to surgery, Jessica  showed off what her belly looks like after she lost 18 pounds. She wrote

"This is my reality! This is my life! When you lose 180 pounds, the skin doesn't just suck back up! I have been learning to deal with it, even with wanting to lose a bit more weight and have surgery! This is my life until then and I will not hate my body anymore!" - 
Credit: @jessica_vsg44 .

Wow! Bobrisky is ''Flawless' in new photo

A new photo has of  flawless self-proclaimed ''top class prostitute,Bobrisky .He is still in the US, chilling but is expected to return to Nigeria for his ''15 million naira 'birthday bash in August.

Botched doctors left shocked as man with ''duck' lips wants them bigger

 Botched doctors were left stunned when they met a patient who wants bigger lips, even though he already can't close his mouth.

Jonathan mets with Dr Terry Dubrow and Dr Paul Nassif to enlarge his pout even more but the doctors are seriously worried for Jonathan's health.

"I want my lips to be bigger. Obviously I have filler in my lips now," Jonathan says.
"Growing up, I've always been obsessed with dolls and I really wanted to look like that.
"I was 25, I started getting Botox and fillers so I became obsessed with lip injections.
"And ever since then I've been going every three months."
 Upon their examination, the doctors quickly realised there just wasn't room to put more filler and refused to grant his wish and then warned him the results of doing so could be "catastrophic".
But Jonathan was still determined to go larger despite the surgeons' advice.

"It doesn't really scare me much," he said. "I think I'm still going to keep going and get them bigger.
"What's going to make me happy is getting bigger lips."


Don't stop being the man you are-Tonto Dikeh tells Hushpuppi

 Tonto Dikeh has shown her support for her friend Hushpuppi. The Instagram big boy had chastised bloggers for not blogging about him paying a boy's medical fees and Tonto Dikeh told him to keep being the man .Read below





JUST IN:Trump Removes Scaramucci as Communications Director 2 weeks after hiring him

Two weeks after hiring him, President Trump has decided to remove Anthony Scaramucci from his position as communications director. This also comes days after Mr. Scaramucci unloaded a crude verbal tirade against other senior members of the president’s senior staff.

The wealthy New York financier was brought on to the West Wing staff, a move that led to the departures of Sean Spicer, the former press secretary, and Reince Priebus, the president’s first chief of staff.

The decision to remove Mr. Scaramucci, who had boasted about reporting directly to the president, not the chief of staff, John F. Kelly, came at Mr. Kelly’s request, the people said. Mr. Kelly made clear to members of the White House staff at a meeting Monday morning that he is in charge,NY Daily reports.

It was not clear whether Mr. Scaramucci will remain employed at the White House in another position or will leave altogether.


Flood kills 23 in Gombe

The Gombe State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) said 23 persons were killed and five others missing in Gombe flood disaster between June and July.

Malam Mohammed Garba, Acting Head of Rescue and Rehabilitation of the agency made the disclosure to journalists in Gombe on Monday.


He said six persons died at Dadinkowa in Yamaltu-Deba flood on June 6; 16 died on July 1 and July 25 in Gombe town.

Garba said that 21 houses were also destroyed by the flood while 101 houses were home to floods in three communities in the state.

He said that the flood also washed away a total of 119 farmlands at Jauro Baba, Jauro Mai and Jauro Saini communities at Kamo Ward in Kaltungo Local Government of the state

42 Clinics, Labs With No Operating Licenses Sealed In Calabar

42 clinics and medical laboratories in various parts of Karu Local Government Area of Nasarawa State have been sealed by the State Government because they are not registered with the Ministry of Health.

The state Commissioner for Health, Daniel Iya disclosed this ovr the weekend. He said the sealing of the affected medical centres was necessary so as to stem the proliferation of illegal hospitals, clinics and laboratories, which pose a serious danger to citizens of the State.


IGP Vows To Dismiss Any Officer Collecting Money For Bail

According to NAN the Inspector-General of Police, IGP, Ibrahim Idris, has warned Commissioners of Police, CPs, in the commands across the federation to be professional in handling criminal cases.

The force spokesperson, Jimoh Moshood, in a statement in Abuja on Monday, said Mr. Idris gave the warning at a meeting with the Deputy Inspector-Generals (DIGs), Assistant Inspector-General (DIGs) and CPs.

The inspector-general cautioned them against illegal investigation of cases, unlawful and prolonged detention of suspects.

He warned that any police officer caught taking bribe before granting suspects bail would be dismissed from service.

Kidnappers, Cultists May Receive Death Penalties In Ogun State Now

Ogun State has approved the lifting of a moratorium on cases relating to capital punishment as part of measures to fast track dispensation of justice in the state.

This was revealed when the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Olumide Ayeni, and his counterpart in the Ministry of Information and Strategy, Dayo Adeneye, briefed journalists after the 31st weekly Executive Council Meeting, presided by Governor Ibikunle Amosun in Abeokuta on Monday.

According to the attorney general, the pronouncement was in accordance with a recent directive of
the Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, at the Council of States meeting ‘in relation to death penalty.’


Mr. Ayeni, who said the moratorium is with immediate effect, explained that the step would be applicable to cases, where lives were lost as a result of committing a heinous crime.

While explaining the reason for the decision, the commissioner noted that it is part of the efforts by the state government to reduce cases of kidnapping, cultism and other societal ills, which he said is on the increase.

Mr. Ayeni stated that the step would go a long way to ensure that the rule of law prevails in the society.

Lagos Joins Hands With Singapore In Public Housing

The Lagos State Government is partnering with the Singapore Government in public housing development in a bid to bridge the housing deficit in the state which stood at three million.

Officials from the Singapore Government, led by Dr. Koh Poh Koon, Senior Minister of Trade and Industry, Ministry of National Development, paid a visit to the Lagos Commissioner for Housing, Prince Gbolahan Lawal today to mull possible areas of collaboration.

According to Koon, Singapore could partner with Lagos in the area of public housing development as the nation had comparative advantage in that area.

LOL... Bobrisky is that you again? + Nigerians mock Bobrisky as unfiltered pictures of him surface online

The self acclaimed Nigerian male barbie who is currently in the U.S, looks really different in this unfiltered picture making rounds on social media. See the reactions of people on social media and more pictures after the cut...












Meanwhile as usual, Bobrisky has denied that that is how he looks, he insists that the trending  unfiltered pictures of him were edited by "haterrs"










Rob Kardashian Weighs Over 300lb Now - Family Source Reveals

Following his split from Blac Chyna, reality TV star Rob Kardashian is reportedly using food to cope with his depression. He is said to have ballooned to over 300 lbs as sources say he's 'lost the will to live.'
The 30-year old, according to Radar Online, turned to food following his public split from baby mama, Chyna.

'He's the biggest he's ever been,' a family friend told the online publication. 'He's well over 300lbs now – we don't know as the scales don't go up past that – and he's a heart attack waiting to happen.' 
'He's been comfort eating big time. His fridge has become his best friend.'
The 'friend' reveals the reality star has been binge-eating thousands of calories, including soda, fast food and candy. 

His mum Kris Jenner is said to have cut him off until he seeks professional help.


 



Lightning Kills 21 In India


21 people have reportedly been struck dead by lightning in eastern India.

The lightning struck several part of the country killing 18 in Odisha state, and another three died in Jharkhand state.

10 people were also injured by the widespread bolts as storms erupted over rice paddies, as it is reported that most victims of the lightning were farmers working on their farms.

But in Jharkhand, two brothers in Kharswan district were killed when the lightning penetrated the thatched roof of their house.


In the western state of Gujarat, 213 people have been killed in weeks of flooding, state disaster management officials said, almost doubling the death toll after about 100 bodies were found when water started receding.

Suresh Kumar, West Bengal’s top disaster management official, said 31 deaths were reported in a week of flooding in the state.

“Heavy rains have caused massive damage in several districts,” Kumar told AFP.

Landslides and flash floods in the northeastern states of Arunachal Pradesh and Assam since April have left dozens dead, while Jharkhand and Bihar have also been badly hit. Nearly 140 lightning deaths have been reported in Bihar since May.

Lightning kills thousands of Indians every year, especially during the June-October monsoon — most of them farmers working the fields.

AFP